Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What to do?

Sitting in Gokarna, after having a rough evening of vomiting. I drank some cold-pressed sesame oil before going to sleep in my beach hut and woke up feeling very ill. I studied Ayurveda with a doctor last week, who explained to me that I have too much Vata and that I need to take in a lot of sesame oil or ghee. So after eating muesli and chatting with my Brazilian friend on the beach, I downed the oil like a shot of tequila. Not so good...

I've made it down to Southern India and I'm surrounded by hash and hippies. Lovely beaches, with lovely people, but I'm not sure what to do with myself. It's too hot during the day to lie on the beach and at night everyone is so stoned that one sentence out of any one's mouth takes twenty minutes to complete. I'm not sure how long I'll stay. I'm thinking of going back North and attempting to revisit the orphanage that I was supposed to be staying at during the month of February. Well, actually I thought it was going to be a Hospital, but as this is India, the Hospital has been closed and I was placed in a orphanage with 55 children, most of them with disabilities. I was initially disappointed, because I wanted nursing experience, but I decided I'd stay and play with the children, until I fell ill and thought I had malaria...I love India...To be continued...xoxo

2 comments:

Anna Bananna said...

Stephie!!! First, i must say i love you! Ok, now, i'm mad at this blog thing, it never once sent me an email to tell me you posted a blog, so this whole time i've been missing out! Natlie too, we tried to stalk you, and it didn't work! We love you!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Pressed sesame oil sounds intriguing, for the chef side of me. I'll do a memory log for futher info, tech, and uses. Peace, Luv, and Keith